Happy New Year! When I started What A Girl Eats, it was with the intention of chronicling recipes for my daughters and my friends. I figured once they were out on their own, they’d be able to access all the recipes I had made for them over the years, while my friends were always asking me how to make fast and healthy dishes for their families. I had no idea then, it would grow to reach readers in nearly every country in the world! Thank you to all of you, those I know personally, as well as those of you I’ve grown to know through your comments on my Facebook page, or Instagram account. I wish Pinterest had a more personal touch, as that’s the part I enjoy the most, interacting with readers, and answering questions about cooking or food. If you’re new to the blog, then you might find recipe you’ve never seen before. I’ve divided my Top Ten Countdown into my five most viewed posts of all time, and the top five most popular recipes I posted in 2015. Surprisingly, there was no overlap! Thank you all for joining me in 2015. I’m wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2016! Cynthia
Top Five Recipes From 2015
5) Chicken and Dumplings. Comfort food rules. This classic chicken and dumplings recipe is reminiscent of mom’s cooking from the 60s.
4) Mediterranean Rice with Fresh Herbs and Feta. You all love healthy dishes! This Mediterranean rice dish with fresh herbs and feta cheese is popular year round. It’s a perfect side dish for a BBQ or picnic, but also works well as an vegetarian entree. It’s also naturally gluten free!
3) Millionaire Brownies. This was no surprise. You take a brownie, top it with caramel, finish it off with ganache and nuts. Enough said!
2) Apricot and Ginger Glazed Chicken. This is one of my favorites. It’s so easy and fast, and every time I make it the family goes nuts. It takes under 20 minutes to make, which makes it a great mid-week dinner option!
And, the number 1 most popular dish for 2015 was, Greek Pasta with Garlic and Yogurt. It’s not only a super fast and very easy dish, it’s delicious comfort food!
The most viewed recipes of all-time change a little from year to year, but the number 1 most popular recipe is googled year round. Which is a little surprising when you find out which recipe it is. Yep, even in July it’s going strong!
5) Shepherd’s Pie. An oldie, but a goodie! Whether you call it Shepherd’s Pie, (ground lamb) or Cottage Pie, (ground beef) it’s a people pleaser!
4) Creamed Corn. This creamed corn is so easy, takes just a few ingredients and less than 20 minutes. This was very popular during both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
3) Mexican Egg Cups. I love that you can make a fun breakfast for a big group. It’s also a great way to re-purpose your muffin tin.
2) Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. A perennial favorite, layers of milk chocolate cake are filled with peanut butter and a peanut butter vanilla buttercream.
And in the number 1 spot; the most popular dish on my site, Classic English Trifle. While this is a traditional Christmas dessert, apparently a lot of people like to make it, or at least look at it in the summer too!