Herb And Goat Cheese Dip
Recipe from The Ultimate Mediterranean Diet Cookbook, by Amy Riolo. This light and creamy goat cheese dip with lots of fresh herbs, is a delicious accompaniment to fresh vegetables or crackers.
Servings: 10 people
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 Tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Combine the goat cheese, oil and yogurt in a bleeder or food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in the fresh herbs.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate until the dip is cold and the flavors have blended, 3 hours to overnight.
Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Drizzle with additional olive oil before serving
Serving: 1g | Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 414IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg