These flavorful, Mediterranean style vegetables can be served as a side dish or an accompaniment to grilled chicken, meat or fish. Paleo, Whole30 and Gluten free.
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives sliced (about 12)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil cut chiffonade.
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat until shimmering.
Add the onions and bell peppers and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and continue sautéing another 2 or 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes and stir another minute or two, just until they burst slightly and give off their juices.
Toss in olives and fresh basil. Check for seasoning.
Drizzle with remaining marinade if desired. (see recipe below)