Tomato Balsamic Mint Salad
This simple tomato salad is a great way to use heirloom tomatoes. The tomatoes are lightly dressed with a balsamic mint dressing that brings out the sweetness of the tomatoes. Whole30 compliant, Paleo and Gluten free.
- 4 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes about 1 1/2 pounds, halved
- 1-2 shallots thinly sliced, (or red onion)
- 2 Tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper
Slice tomatoes in half, if using larger tomatoes, cut into medium sized pieces. Add thinly sliced shallots or onions.
Toss with finely chopped mint.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper
Allow flavors to meld on top of the counter, about 20 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg