Fast Korean Pork w/ Quick Korean Marinade
A fast and easy Korean inspired marinade for beef, pork or chicken. Slightly adapted from Bon Appetit, November, 2015.
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon peeled grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb. boneless short ribs boneless pork loin, hanger steak or chicken, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 Tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt to season
- 3 scallions or green onions thinly sliced
In a large bowl or zip-lock bag mix first 7 ingredients; applesauce to sesame oil. Add meat.
Allow to meat to marinate a minimum of 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 8 hours in the fridge.
Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
Lightly season meat with salt, and add meat, in small batches, cook in a single layer without moving, until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and crisp at edges, about 2 minutes longer.
Serve with sliced green onions.