How To Make A Classic 3-2-1 Margarita
A classic margarita, served on the rocks. Recipe slightly adapted from Chow.com. Recipe in parenthesis is for 4 drinks.
- 3 parts tequila 6 ounces
- 2 parts orange liqueur triple sec, Grand Marnier or Cointreau (4 ounces)
- 1 part fresh lime juice 2 ounces
- Simple syrup or agave nectar to taste (4 Tablespoons)
- Kosher salt for rims of glasses
- Fresh lime slices for garnish
- Optional: zest of lime
Into a cocktail shaker, mix 3 parts good quality tequila, 2 parts orange liqueur and 1 part lime juice, simple syrup and zest of one lime, if desired.
Rub a wedge of lime around the rim of a rocks glass. Coat rim with kosher salt. Fill with ice.
Pour margaritas into glasses and garnish with lime slices.