Mushroom Sauce With Brandy
Mushroom Sauce with Brandy
- 1/2 pound mushrooms quartered and sliced, depending on size.
- 2 shallots minced, about 1/3 cup
- 6 Tablespoons butter divided
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Over a medium heat, melt 4 Tablespoons butter and olive oil. Add shallots and mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
Add brandy and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cream and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add fresh thyme leaves. Whisk in remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and black pepper.