Spicy Confetti Shrimp
This Spicy Confetti Shrimp is sauteed in butter and Old Bay seasoning. Assorted peppers, cabbage, onion and basil are finely chopped to resemble "confetti". Use a total of 1 1/2 cups diced peppers.
- 1 1/2 pound large shrimp cleaned, deveined and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Red, yellow and orange bell peppers finely diced
- 1/4 cup Purple cabbage finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Purple onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup Basil cut chiffonade
Toss shrimp with cayenne, smoked paprika, garlic and Old Bay seasoning in a bowl. Let sit while you mince the veggies.
Heat butter over medium high heat and sauté the shrimp, 2 or 3 minute per side or until opaque and cooked through. Add Worcestershire sauce, stirring to coat shrimp.
Remove the shrimp from a pan with a slotted spoon. Add veggies and sauté another 2-3 minutes. Drizzle any remaining juices over the shrimp.
Sprinkle finely diced purple onion and bell pepper "confetti" and chiffonade of basil and cabbage over shrimp and rice.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 489mg | Sodium: 1414mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3213IU | Vitamin C: 85mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 5mg