Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie
Peppermint cookie crust with peppermint ice cream and fudge topping.
Servings: 8 -10
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 20 candy cane Joe Joes or peppermint Oreos
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 jar of hot fudge sauce or homemade
- Candy canes and additional crushed candies for garnish
Pulse the cookies and butter in a food processor until all the cookies chopped fine and mixture resembles sandy crumbs.
Press cookie crumbs into an 8 inch pie plate, pressing down the bottom and sides. Freeze until ready to use.
Soften ice cream just until it's soft enough to add the crushed peppermint. Fold crushed candies into ice cream and fill pie plate. Chill until firm. about 1 hour.
Soften fudge just until it's spreadable, but won't melt the ice cream. Smooth fudge over pie. Sprinkle with more crushed candies and candy canes.
Cover loosely with plastic wrap, then foil and freeze until firm.