Hot Apple Pie
Hot apple cider with brown sugar and apple pie spices. Spiked with a shot of Calvados
- Apple cider or juice 6-8 ounces per person
- 4 ounces of unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1 ounce of Calvados or rum per person
- Whipped cream for topping
Soften butter. Add brown sugar and spices, blend well.
Heat apple cider or juice in a small sauce pan.
Whisk in about 1-1 1/2 Tablespoons butter spice mixture, just until blended.
Pour into cinnamon sugar rimmed mugs.
Top with shot of Calvados or rum and freshly whipped cream