This Italian sub salad has all the flavors of a subway sandwich without the carbs! It's low-carb, keto friendly and gluten free!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce shredded or sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce shredded or sliced
- 18 ounces Italian deli meats (3-4 ounces per person) such as dry salami, Genoa, or sopressata sliced thin
- 12 ounces provolone cheese (1-2 ounces per person), fontina or mozzarella.
- 1 cup marinated mushrooms quartered (reserved 3/4 cup liquid from marinade)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup peperoncini sliced thin
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3/4 cup olive oil (you can also use some of the marinade from the olive, mushrooms or artichoke hearts if you're using them).
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
Slice meats, cheese and veggies. Toss with lettuce. Add dressing just before serving.
Whisk olive and vinegar in a small bowl season to taste with black pepper and kosher salt.