Cheddar-Potato Crusted Pot Pies
Cheddar and potato topped chicken or turkey pot pies.
Servings: 6 servings
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 3 cups homemade stock or canned chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 onion chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 cup carrots sliced or diced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced or quarted
- 2 cups chicken or turkey, shredded or chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cup Mashed potatoes
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
Melt butter and in a large sauce pan. Add onions, celery and carrots and saute over medium heat until onion are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Whisk 3 Tablespoons corn starch into one cup of chicken broth, then add to remaining 2 cups broth. Add broth to sauteed vegetables and bring to a simmer. Cook over medium low heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add poultry seasoning, thyme, peas, mushrooms, and chicken or turkey to veggies and simmer on low until carrots are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Fill individual ramekins and top with mashed potatoes and grated cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F. until filling is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4374IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 1mg