Winter Fruit Compote
Winter fruit compote, serves 12-16, recipe can be halved.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a casserole dish layer
- 1 pound of dried plums...oh go ahead and say it...prunes!
- 1 pound of dried apricots
- 1 can of pineapple chunks packed in juice, drained
- 2 small cans of mandarin oranges
- 1 can tart cherries drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix together in a small bowl:
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup Grand Mariner or orange liqueur
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Layer fruit in a casserole or baking dish.
Whisk together zest, juice, sherry, liqueur, honey and spices and pour over fruit.
Top with chopped nuts. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.