White Chicken Chili
I usually keep it in a large crock pot on low, so that everyone can serve them themselves as they get hungry. I put out all "stuff" on the side. Top with cheese,(chedder, jack or even jalapeno jack) chopped green onions, tortilla chips, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups cooked chicken white or dark meat chicken, about 2 large chicken breasts, shredded or diced
- 3-4 cups chicken broth depending on how thick you like it.
- 1 or 2 cans of chopped green chilies
- 2-3 teaspoons cumin
- 2-3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 4 cans of white beans either Great Northern or cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chili powder optional, depending on how hot you like it.
- Grated cheese sour cream, sliced or chopped onions, cilantro and chips to garnish
Saute onions 3-4 minutes in a large pot, add garlic and sauté another minute.
Add everything else
Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
Simmer on low until hot.
Season to taste,