White Chicken Chili
White chicken chili is an easy recipe perfect for stove-top or crock-pot. Top with cheese,(cheddar, jack or even jalapeno jack) chopped green onions, tortilla chips, sour cream and chopped cilantro) Nutritional information is based on chili alone)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups cooked chicken white or dark meat chicken, about 2 large chicken breasts, shredded or diced
- 4-5 cups chicken broth Less broth for a thicker chili, more for a thinner, ore soup-like consistency.
- 8 ounces green chilies chopped (canned or frozen Hatch)
- 2-3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2-3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cans white beans Great Northern or cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
In a large pot, heat over over a medium heat until shimmering. Add chopped onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute.
Add chicken broth, chicken, chiles, beans, corn and spices and seasonings.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer on low until hot, about 30-35 minutes.
Add lime or lemon juice and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
Crock Pot Instructions
Follow first step above. Add onions and garlic to crock-pot add remaining ingredients and set slow-cooker or crock-pot to low.
Heat on low until hot, about 6 hours.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 936mg | Potassium: 812mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 5mg