California rolls so easy, an 11 year old can make them!
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Surimi (imitation crab meat, you can get organic, wild-caught at Whole Foods, either in chunks or in the cylinder form)
- Cucumber peeled and sliced into thin strips
- Wasabi mayonnaise or wasabi paste
- Sliced avocado
Make the brown rice ahead of time. Whisk rice vinegar and sugar together and toss with cooled rice.
Layer rice on top of nori.
Spread a thin layer of wasabi or wasabi mayonnaise.
Add strips of surimi, cucumber and avocado.
Roll tightly and cut into 6 pieces. Serve with soy sauce and pickled ginger.