Summer Pasta Salad
This fresh and colorful pasta salad has fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, pine nuts and basil in a light dressing. Perfect for side dishes.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound pasta penne, fusilli, farfalle,
- 12 ounces tomatoes cherry, heirloom, or garden, halved or diced
- 1/4 cup pinenuts toasted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves cut chiffonade
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces mini mozzarella balls Marinated, cut in half if desired
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
In a large bowl add tomatoes, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, olive oil and splash of vinegar to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
Let it sit on the counter until you're ready for it.
Meanwhile boil pasta, drain and toss with the sauce.
Add crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and prosciutto, (optional)
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 422IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 1mg