Nicoise Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
This version of a classic Salade Nicoise, substitutes wild Alaskan salmon for the tuna. Serves 4 as a main course or 6 as a starter.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 head Bibb or butter lettuce
- 1/2 pound about 6, cooked potatoes, red, yellow, or fingerling
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 pound green beans cooked to crisp tender
- 3 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives Nicoise, Greek or Kalamata
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- 2 cans Wild Alaskan Salmon or Tuna, drained
In a bowl, whisk Dijon, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and anchovy paste or filet if using, until blending. Can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Drizzle dressing over the salad just before serving.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 622mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1189IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 2mg