Chinese Chicken Salad
Crisp cabbage, shredded chicken and mandarin oranges in a slightly sweet dressing. *To save time you can buy bags of pre-shredded cabbage in the produce section.
Servings: 8 -
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons swerve (regular sugar may be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup avocado or light olive oil
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast either shredded, diced or chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions slice thin on the diagonal
- 2 11 ounce cans of Mandarin Oranges drained (or fresh oranges)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds toasted
- 1 head cabbage shredded. About 8-10 cups. (you may use pre-packaged cabbage as well. 2 10 ounce packages.)
Combine the first 7 ingredients, rice wine vinegar to vegetable oil, in a small sauce pan and heat over a low heat just until sugar is dissolved. Let cool and refrigerate.
For the salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 573mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 456IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 3mg