Oven Fried Chicken
Un-fried Chicken (from, In The Kitchen With Rosie, by Rosie Daley)
- 6 drumsticks skin removed
- 6 breasts skin removed (I substitute thighs, since everyone prefers them to breasts)
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawery's Season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400* F.
I find an easy way to remove the slippery skin from the chicken is the use a paper towel to pull it off.
Coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
Put the chicken in a large bowl with ice water.
Mix breading ingredients together.
Transfer chicken from ice water to yogurt to breading to coat.
Place on prepared baking sheet.
Spray pieces with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven and bake for 1 hour, turning pieces every 20 minutes to allow for even browning.