Slow-Cooker Cornish Game Hen with Grand Marnier Sauce
Slow-cooker Cornish game hens with Grand Marnier Sauce. I used 2 hens for my family of four. I also made them in the crock pot, which made them extra easy!
- 2 Cornish game hens split down the back and flattened out to fit inside a large slow-cooker
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 4 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons Grand Mariner
Mix all the above ingredients together and put in a crock pot.
Split the birds down the back and flatten them out and put in crock pot.
Cook on high for about 3 hours.
Remove birds from crock pot and strain the juices.
Heat the remaining juice/marinade over a medium heat until reduced by half and slightly thicker. Remove from heat.
Finish sauce by whisking in 3-4 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon of Grand Mariner.
Finish birds by browning skin under broiler for a couple of minutes until the skin in golden brown.
Spoon some sauce over each bird.