Mexican Shrimp Cocktail (Ceviche)
This ceviche-style shrimp cocktail uses cooked shrimp instead of raw. It is served with avocado, diced tomatoes and chiles, fresh cilantro, and lime.
- 3 limes zested, then juiced
- 1 pound medium shrimp cooked, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 cup avocado peeled and diced, about 1
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small jalapeno (optional)
- 1 green onion finely chopped
Finely grate rind from limes to measure 1 tablespoon. Juice limes to measure ¼ cup. Place rind and juice in a large glass or ceramic bowl. (Not aluminum)
Add shrimp, tomato, cilantro and garlic. Toss well to combine. Add salt and pepper and check seasoning. Season to taste. Add diced avocado and carefully mix.
Cover and chill for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve in martini glasses or a bowl with tortilla chips.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1324mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 568IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 3mg