Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup
This recipe for Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup has been adapted from Allrecipes. It's low carb and gluten free
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/3 cup red bell peppers finely diced (about a half of a medium sized pepper)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms about 5 ounces
- 2 Tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon ginger peeled, grated
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Swerve brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 can light coconut milk 13.5 ounces
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined* (21-25 per pound)
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced (about 2)
- 2 Tablespoons basil thinly sliced, chiffonade.
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
In a large saucepan, heat one tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Add shallots, and stir, cooking just until fragrant. About 1-2 minutes.
Add bell peppers, mushrooms, curry paste, ginger, chicken broth, brown sugar, and fish sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer. Cover and cook until hot and bubbly, about 8 minutes.
Add coconut milk and return to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook just until pink and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add sliced green onions, lime juice and fresh basil.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 2539mg | Potassium: 502mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1747IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 202mg | Iron: 4mg