Homemade buttermilk pancakes. Recipe slightly adapted from the Saco Buttermilk package.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour blend
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons Saco Buttermilk Blend*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
Whisk all dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Don't over mix. Let the batter sit about five minutes.
Cook on a medium high greased griddle or skillet. When the bubbles break on the surface of the pancakes, they are ready to flip. Never flip a pancake more than once! I use an electric griddle heated to 370 degrees F, because it's easy to regulate the temperature of the griddle, I can make a lot more at one time, and they are easier to flip.
Makes about 10 4" pancakes