Fresh Tomato Summer Pasta Sauce
Fresh un-cooked tomato sauce with fresh basil, cheese and pine nuts.
- Fresh tomatoes I used 3 large, garden tomatoes, plus a handful of cherry and pear tomatoes.
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese about 1/2 cup
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- Fresh basil cut chiffonade, about 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop tomatoes. Add basil, cheese, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on top of pasta or on bruschetta.