Green Chili Pork
Slow-cooker green chili pork. For best results, use a butt or shoulder. Pork loin is too lean.
- 1 pork butt or shoulder, between 2 1/2 to as much as 4 pounds
- 1 28 oz can of green enchilada sauce, or green chile salsa
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon cumin or less, if you're not a fan
- 1 Tablespoon chile powder, or more if you like it spicier
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Put pork butt or shoulder into the slow-cooker. Add green enchilada sauce, onion, garlic, cumin and chile powder, salt and pepper. Cover and set on low for 8 hours.
Remove pork to a cutting board or bowl, discard green sauce. When pork is cool enough to handle, shred with two forks.
Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Serve with warm tortillas, sliced green onions, fresh salsa, cilantro and hot sauce or on a salad.