Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Bittersweet or dark chocolate sauce for ice cream
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 oz. chocolate dark, semi-sweet, or bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup hot water
- pinch salt
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
Dice or chop chocolate if not using chocolate chips.
Combine chocolate, sugar, cream and hot water in the top of a double boiler.
Simmer on a medium low heat and stir until chocolate is smooth, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and whisk in diced chocolate and pinch of salt.
Chocolate sauce will keep about a week in a covered container in the fridge.
- Use a good quality chocolate; either bittersweet, dark, or semi-sweet.
- If using milk chocolate, omit sugar as it's much sweeter than dark or semi-sweet.
- Chocolate sauce will keep in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to a week.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg