Crustless Asparagus Quiche
Delicious, low carb and gluten free asparagus quiche with mushrooms, onions and cheese.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces. (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups large eggs, beaten. (About 5-6 eggs)
- 2 cups Jarlsberg cheese, grated. (About 8 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch white pepper
- pinch nutmeg
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" deep pie dish.
In a saute pan, over a medium heat, melt butter and olive oil. Add onions and saute 3-4 minutes, until soft and translucent.
Add asparagus and mushrooms and continue cooking an additional 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender and mushrooms are soft. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add cheese, fresh thyme and seasonings. Fold in sauteed vegetables.
Pour into greased baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until center is firm and edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly to set before serving.
- If you don't have a deep dish pie dish, bake it in a standard 9" pie dish and pour any excess filling into small ramekins.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 757IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 237mg | Iron: 2mg