Quick Greek Gryos Salad
This 30 minute Greek Gyros Salad has all the flavor of a gyros sandwich but without the carbs!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 lemon, juiced, about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce bib or iceberg
- 1 jar artichoke hearts drained, quartered
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- 1 bell pepper red, green or yellow, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Greek olives
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into thick slices
- 1/2 purple onion sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
For the gryros meat
In a large saute pan or skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over a medium heat.
Add chopped onion, ground meat, garlic, oregano, thyme, smoked paprika, salt and pepper (and red pepper flakes if desired).
Stir, breaking up meat and cook until meat is cooked through and brown. Stir occasionally, about 7-10 minutes. Check seasoning.
While meat is cooking, prepare Greek salad, tzatziki and salad dressing.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 630kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 851mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2122IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 3mg