Perfect French Omelette
This tutorial on how to make a French omelette gives step by step instructions on how to make the perfect omelette.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time5 minutes mins
Servings: 1 person
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ounce Swiss cheese finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon fine herbs parsley, chervil or chives (optional)
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs to break up the white and the yolk.
Over a medium heat, heat pan. Add butter and melt.
Once butter is melted, add eggs, stirring constantly just until eggs begin to set. Adjust heat if necessary, turning it to medium low if eggs cook too quickly.
Once eggs have begun to set, add cheese and any fillings in a row perpendicular to the handle of the pan.
Using the spatula, gently begin to roll the eggs away from you while tipping the pan down. Ideally the omelette will roll onto itself in thirds.
Roll onto plate and brush the top of the omelette with butter if desired.
- Make sure all ingredients are ready before making the omelette.
- Use a well greased or non-stick carbon omelette pan.
- Monitor the heat, adjusting the temperature if the omelette is cooking too quickly.
- 2 eggs per person is standard. 3 for hearty appetites.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 384mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1397IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 2mg