Orange Dijon Vinaigrette with Fresh Thyme
A simple vinaigrette for citrus or field greens. A little sweet, a little tangy with fresh thyme and orange juice. Makes about 3/4 cup dressing.
- 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 grapefruit peeled and sliced
- 2 oranges peeled and sliced
- 2 blood oranges peeled and sliced
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced
- 1 purple onion peeled and sliced
- 8 cups field greens
- 6 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- additional chopped thyme leaves for garnish
Whisk all dressing ingredients together. (Orange juice through black pepper)
Serve immediately over salad greens or citrus slices. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
For Salad: arrange field greens on a platter and top with assorted citrus slices; orange, grapefruit and blood orange. Add sliced purple onion, and avocado.
Top with crumbled goat cheese if desired.
Drizzle with dressing and additional fresh thyme leaves for garnish.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 421kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3765IU | Vitamin C: 47.8mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1.6mg