I love Amazon. I have a bit of a book buying problem…always have! I’ve recently begun using the Amazon Affiliate Program. My husband is starting to get a bit testy with the amount of money I spend on my blog every month. I’ve read every book on this list and some I refer to over and over again! For any purchase you make by clicking through to Amazon, I receive a small referral fee from Amazon. Thank you for your support! Cynthia
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Julia Child. It’s the bible! I have the first editions from the 60’s…one is signed by Julia herself. This is where it all began!
- Madhur Jaffrey’s Quick & Easy Indian Cooking. I love Indian food. I have quite a few of Madhur Jaffrey’s books. Here recipes are pretty straight forward and really tasty!
Bios or narratives:
- Julia Child’s Appetite for life– long biography, but well worth it. She told her biographer not to white-wash her life, and he didn’t! (I have the hard back, but the paperback or kindle editions are way cheaper!)
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle – Barbara Kingsolver’s year long account of her move from Arizona to West Virginia and living off only what they grew or could purchase within a 50 mile radius
- Under The Tuscan Sun, – Don’t confuse this with the sappy, movie by the same title, this book is a real account of …and her husband slowly falling in love with their old tuscan farmhouse, the way of life and the people in Italy
Health related books:
- The Blue Zones, Lessons for Living Longer From The People Who’ve Lived The Longest. Dan Buettner has studied the habits of the longest living people all over the world.
- Healthy at 100, John Robbins. Even though we are not vegetarian, I like to read all perspectives. John Robbins, a member of the Baskin Robbins family, is a committed vegetarian.
- Wheat Belly, William Davis, MD. Although we have been on and on the wheat free/gluten free diet for about 10 years, reading this book cemented it for all of us. It’s a must read if you are battling autoimmune diseases, or are just having a difficult time losing weight.