Mediterranean Rice Salad with Herbs and Feta is a delicious, versatile side dish! The fresh taste from the herbs, buttery olive oil, and tangy feta cheese give it a decidedly Mediterranean feel.
This Mediterranean rice salad can be served warm or cold, and is vegetarian and gluten-free, making it perfect year round. It can also be easily modified to suit your family’s tastes. Switch the brown rice for white, the feta for mozzarella, or the cannellini beans for garbanzos. It’s also a great way to use any leftover rice that you may have in your fridge.
It is important to use the best quality olive oil you can afford, as the flavor really comes through in this salad.
I hope that you enjoy this Mediterranean rice salad recipe!
Mediterranean Rice Salad With Herbs And Feta
- 1 cup brown or white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one medium lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives minced
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water, rice and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for about 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Let stand covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs. Toss over cooked, cooled rice. Add beans and feta, mixing just until combined.
- Season to taste.
- Can be served at room temperature or chilled.
If you make this salad, I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment, or come and visit me on Facebook to let me know what you’ve created!