Zucchini ribbon salad is a delicious side dish, made with ribbons of fresh garden zucchini, and crumbled feta cheese, then brightened up with lemon and mint.
I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. My wonderful “village” of friends brought us meals for 2 weeks, which was so thoughtful and convenient as I was recuperating. One night, Wendy and her daughter brought us a simple zucchini ribbon salad with fresh feta and mint. The simplicity of this salad, the fresh taste of the mint and lemon, combined with the creaminess of the feta was delicious. You could also add just a drizzle of good quality olive oil, although, it’s just as tasty without.
We want this zucchini ribbon salad again and again. It’s a great side dish next to grilled chicken or fish.
The “ribbons” are easily made with a vegetable peeler, or if you have one, and want to get fancy, you can also use a mandoline to make long thin slices of zucchini.
- 1 each zucchini and yellow squash
- 4 ounces of feta crumbled
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste.
- Wash and trim squash. Using a vegetable peeler, make long ribbons on the zucchini and squash.
- Toss with crumbled feta, mint and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh pepper.
Looking for more salad recipes?