Grilled peaches with mascarpone cheese, drizzled with a bit of honey and topped with toasted almonds, is an easy summer dessert. The warm, caramelized flesh of the peach combines with the lightly sweetened mascarpone for a wonderful combination of warm, cool, creamy and juicy.
As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn commission on qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for tools and ingredients used in this recipe!
Does Grilling Peaches Make Them Sweeter?
Grilling peaches brings out their natural sweetness and intensifies their flavor. The heat of the grill causes the sugars in the fruit to caramelize, creating a rich, sweet flavor and a slightly crisp texture on the surface of the peach.
Grilling can also help to soften the peaches and bring out their juiciness, which can make them taste even sweeter.
Should peaches be ripe before grilling? They should be ripe, but firm. If they are too soft, they won’t hold up to grilling.
How is Cream Cheese Different from Mascarpone Cheese?
Cream cheese and mascarpone cheese are both soft, spreadable cheeses, but they do have some differences:
- Cream cheese is denser and firmer than the creamier, smoother mascarpone.
- Mascarpone cheese has a higher fat content than cream cheese.
- Cream cheese has a tangy, slightly sour taste, while mascarpone has a milder, sweeter flavor.
- Cream cheese originated in the United States, while mascarpone cheese originated in Italy.
This peach and mascarpone dessert recipe uses just a touch of honey in addition to the almond paste to lightly sweeten the mascarpone, making it the perfect dessert for someone who is watching their sugar intake.
I love anything almond flavored, so the hint of almond paste makes this one of my favorite summer dessert recipes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make these delicious, fresh peaches with mascarpone, you will need:
- 4 peaches ripe, but firm
- 8 ounces mascarpone or cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons almond paste, grated or crumbled
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons almonds, slivered and lightly toasted.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Additional honey for drizzling
How to Grill Peaches
This grilled peach dessert is super easy to make. First, make the mascarpone filling by blending the cheese with the almond paste and honey until smooth. You can mix the filling ahead of time if desired, and keep it refrigerated until ready to use.
When you are ready to serve the grilled peaches with mascarpone, simply slice the peaches in half horizontally, scoop out the pit, and brush each side with coconut oil.
Cook them for about 4 minutes per side, until grill marks appear and the peaches begin to soften.
Transfer them to a serving plate, then fill them with the mascarpone cheese mixture.
When the peaches are filled, sprinkle them with sliced, toasted almonds and drizzle with honey.
For an even easier version of this dessert, you could skip the mascarpone filling and simply serve the grilled peaches with a scoop of ice cream!
Looking for more summer grilling ideas? Did you know you can grill pizza!
Grilled Peaches With Mascarpone, Almonds And Honey
- Pre-heat grill to medium
- Cut peaches in half and remove stones. Brush each side lightly with oil.
- Meanwhile, blend cheese with almond paste, and honey until smooth.
- Grill peaches on medium heat, about 4 minutes per side until grill marks appear and fruit begins to soften. Remove from the grill.
- Stuff warm peaches with Mascarpone mixture.
- Drizzle with additional honey. Top with toasted almonds.