Candy cane ice cream pie is a festive holiday dessert that is so easy to make! A chocolate cookie crust holds creamy candy cane ice cream, hot fudge, and crushed candy canes.
Sometimes you need a really easy dessert to counter-balance the holiday frenzy. Every year, right around the holidays, Trader Joe’s comes out with their Candy Cane Joe Joes. Any other time of the year I wouldn’t look twice at an Oreo, but come December, it’s one cookie that’s really hard to say no to. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s in your hometown, you can substitute Mint Oreos, or use plain Oreos for the crust.
Of, course you could also churn your own ice cream, and make your own fudge, but I use the best quality vanilla ice cream I can find and if I don’t have time to make homemade fudge, store-bought will work just as well.
Enjoy this candy cane ice cream pie recipe!
Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 20 candy cane Joe Joes or peppermint Oreos
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 jar of hot fudge sauce or homemade
- Candy canes and additional crushed candies for garnish
- Pulse the cookies and butter in a food processor until all the cookies chopped fine and mixture resembles sandy crumbs.
- Press cookie crumbs into an 8 inch pie plate, pressing down the bottom and sides. Freeze until ready to use.
- Soften ice cream just until it's soft enough to add the crushed peppermint. Fold crushed candies into ice cream and fill pie plate. Chill until firm. about 1 hour.
- Soften fudge just until it's spreadable, but won't melt the ice cream. Smooth fudge over pie. Sprinkle with more crushed candies and candy canes.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap, then foil and freeze until firm.
Looking for more holiday dessert recipes?