Herbed goat cheese dip is quick and easy to make, coming together in just 5 minutes. It’s delicious spread onto raw vegetables or crackers.
I had the pleasure of meeting the incredibly talented, Amy Riolo, not once, but twice in the space of two weeks. Amy has written several books on Mediterranean food. What makes Amy’s books so fascinating is that they are not just cookbooks, but wonderful glances into the cultures and people of the Mediterranean. Mediterranean cuisine is not solely limited to Italy, Spain, Greece, and the South of France. Amy’s vast knowledge of the region introduces the reader to Egyptian, Syrian, North African and Saudi Arabian dishes as well.
Her latest book, The Ultimate Mediterranean Diet Cookbook,(affiliate link) is not really a “diet” cookbook, as much as it is a way-of-life cookbook. Amy is an internationally recognized expert on Mediterranean cuisine and culture, and serves as a culinary advisor for the Mediterranean Foods Alliance. Her recipes are based on the fresh produce and products of the Mediterranean; fish, fruits and vegetables, local cheeses, olives and nuts. Since there are no processed ingredients, the recipes are not only heart healthy, they are waist friendly as well!
This herbed goat cheese dip is perfect with fresh vegetables, crackers or pita bread. It takes less than 5 minutes to make, although chilling for a couple of hours enhances the flavor.
Here’s the herbed goat cheese dip recipe. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 Tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Combine the goat cheese, oil and yogurt in a bleeder or food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in the fresh herbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until the dip is cold and the flavors have blended, 3 hours to overnight.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil before serving
Disclaimer: Although I was given a copy of Amy’s book, I was not obligated to write a review in exchange. I received no compensation for my review, and as always, the opinions expressed are my own. This post contains affiliate links. Any compensation I may receive goes towards maintaining this website and allows me to provide free recipes. Thank you for your support!