Creamy cole slaw is a side dish that appears at every potluck dinner and outdoor picnic. Because this cole slaw recipe has a creamy dressing with no refined sugar, it’ll become your favorite!
I can never decide which I prefer at a picnic or BBQ, cole slaw or potato salad, so I usually make both. I like my cole slaw a little bit tangy and a little bit sweet. This simple, creamy cole slaw recipe takes less than five minutes to throw together. It tastes best if it’s made an hour or so before serving to give the flavors a chance to develop.
I serve it as a side dish, or as added crunch in Pulled pork sliders.
Regardless of how you serve it, everyone will love this creamy cole slaw!
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or 1 14 ounce bag shredded cole slaw.
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of honey (or more depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper (or more to taste)
- Whisk mayo, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Taste dressing and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Toss in cole slaw, mixing well to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- The flavors need to blend and wilt the cabbage a bit.
Looking for more Picnic dishes?
The Best Potato Salad I’ve ever tasted