Candy cane ice cream pie is a festive holiday dessert that is so easy to make! A chocolate cookie crust holds creamy candy cane ice cream, hot fudge, and crushed candy canes.
Sometimes you need a really easy dessert to counter-balance the holiday frenzy. Every year, right around the holidays, Trader Joe’s comes out with their Candy Cane Joe Joes. Any other time of the year I wouldn’t look twice at an Oreo, but come December, it’s one cookie that’s really hard to say no to. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s in your hometown, you can substitute Mint Oreos, or use plain Oreos for the crust.
Of, course you could also churn your own ice cream, and make your own fudge, but I use the best quality vanilla ice cream I can find and if I don’t have time to make homemade fudge, store-bought will work just as well.
Enjoy this candy cane ice cream pie recipe!
Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 20 candy cane Joe Joes or peppermint Oreos
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 jar of hot fudge sauce or homemade
- Candy canes and additional crushed candies for garnish
- Pulse the cookies and butter in a food processor until all the cookies chopped fine and mixture resembles sandy crumbs.
- Press cookie crumbs into an 8 inch pie plate, pressing down the bottom and sides. Freeze until ready to use.
- Soften ice cream just until it's soft enough to add the crushed peppermint. Fold crushed candies into ice cream and fill pie plate. Chill until firm. about 1 hour.
- Soften fudge just until it's spreadable, but won't melt the ice cream. Smooth fudge over pie. Sprinkle with more crushed candies and candy canes.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap, then foil and freeze until firm.
Looking for more holiday dessert recipes?
Nibbles By Nic says
WOW!!! This pie is insane looking!! You really nailed it Cynthia 🙂 Thanks so much for stopping by Munching Mondays 🙂 Warmest, Nic
Joanne/WineLady Cooks says
Cynthia this sounds so easy and looks delicious. I’m an ice cream lover, cookie lover and defintely like my desserts so now I’ll have to give this recipe a try. I’m still in the peppermint state of mind too, perfect for a weekend dessert.
Pinning and sharing. Thanks for sharing this with Foodie Friends Friday Best of 2013 party this week.
We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Joanne T Ferguson says
G’day! Looks fun and YUM!
Thanks for sharing at the Foodie Friends Friday Best of 2013 Party!
I bet this smells amazing! Thanks so much for linking up, I hope to see you next week too! Happy Wednesday!
Karen @ The Food Charlatan says
There is just something about peppermint and oreos together that is so addictive!! This pie looks amazing!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
What a fun and delicious holiday pie!!! I love those peppermint Oreos…a little too much!!!
Jennifer @NourishedSimply says
Not a fan of cake, but love ice cream cakes and pies. I love how festive this dessert is.