Ginger Chip Spice Cookies are filled with the flavors of the holiday season. They’re easy to make and are a great addition to a holiday cookie platter!
Cookies, cookies everywhere! With the landslide of sweeties I’ve been posting, you’d think that all we eat around here are sweets.
There’s something about the holidays that brings out the baker in me. Baking cookies, cakes and pastries, truffles, turtles and sprinkling Spritz cookies with glitter puts me in the holiday spirit faster than just about anything!
These ginger chip spice cookies are a little bit spicy, soft and chewy with a crunch of crystallized ginger.
Perfect on any holiday cookie platter. I bought my Crystallized Ginger Chips at World Market, but you can also purchase them here. (affiliate link)
Ginger Chip Spice Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugars, molasses and egg and beat until well mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix dry ingredients together, flour through ginger.
- Slowly add flour, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in ginger chips.
- Roll into small balls the size of walnuts.
- Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool.
- Makes approximately 4 dozen
Looking for more cookie recipes?