This easy guacamole recipe has a fresh taste that you will never find in a grocery store. This recipe uses fresh avocado, diced tomatoes, chile peppers, onion, and fantastic Mexican seasonings. Super easy, very fresh, and completely authentic!
The cafeteria ladies at my school make homemade guacamole and fresh salsa a couple of times a week. Since most of them were born in Mexico, they know salsa and guacamole. I can eat salsa like soup, which I guess is technically Gazpacho! I always ask them, “Gringa o Mexicana?”
As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn commission on qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for tools and ingredients used in this recipe!
I don’t know why I ask, because I’ll eat the salsa regardless of how hot it is. A couple of days ago there was a big pot of fresh, homemade guacamole. I knew I was going to make guacamole, so I wanted their recipe. Theirs is always chunky, not smooth, and has diced tomato. The rest of the ingredients?
Lime juice, diced chili, diced onion, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Super easy, very fresh and completely authentic!
Looking for more Mexican dishes?
- 2 avocados halved, pit removed and diced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 fresh chilies minced, depending on how you want it. (Wear gloves!)
- 1 lime juiced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I gently smoosh some of the avocados, but I like to like it a bit chunky.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more lime juice if desired.
- Refrigerate. Keep the pit in the guacamole to keep it bright green