Lemon Cheesecake Blueberry Swirl Bars are a rich and creamy with swirls of fresh blueberry sauce throughout.
I love cheesecake. It’s my favorite pie…or is it a cake? I’m never really sure where it falls in the cake-pie genre. And lemon and blueberries are a happy combination. These Lemon Cheesecake Blueberry Swirl Bars are just the right combination of tart to sweet. The blueberry swirl could just as easily be raspberry or blackberry. Follow the recipe for the blueberry sauce and adjust the sugar according to the sweetness of your berries.
Save the remaining sauce for pancakes or to slather on a muffin or slice of toast.
Enjoy the lemon cheesecake blueberry swirl bars recipe!
Lemon Cheesecake Blueberry Swirl Bars
- 1 cup ground gingersnap cookies
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese regular or reduced fat
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 extra large eggs
- Blueberry sauce
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 8" X 8" baking pan with foil or parchment, with ends extending over the sides for easy removal after baking.
- Mix crumbs, 3 Tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Mean while prepare Blueberry Sauce
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, lemon juice and zest in a large mixing bowl fitted with paddle. Add sour cream, mix well. Scrape down sides. Add eggs, mixing just until blended.
- Pour batter over prepared crust. Drop spoonfuls of Blueberry Sauce over batter and run a knife or chopstick through sauce for swirl effect.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes, or until center is nearly set. Cool.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Store in refrigerator.
- Blueberry Sauce
- Pulse berries, 2 Tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice and water in a food processor about 1 minute, until berries are finely chopped.
- Heat in a small saucepan over medium low heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce is deep purple and shiny, about 2-3 minutes.
Want more cheesecake dessert recipes?