Greek lamb sliders with Tzatziki sauce are perfect as a delicious appetizer or main dish. A topping of feta cheese and grilled onions gives them an extra punch of flavor.
I think lamb beats out beef by a whisker…or maybe a hoof, flavor-wise, in my book. I had a Greek lamb burger last week and had to re-create it at home. Instead of full-sized burgers, I decided to try sliders instead.
I just started working part-time for a catering company, and since I’ve been reviewing menus and tasting bite sized foods, I’m thinking “small” lately. I prefer my lamb on the medium rare side for the best flavor. I topped each slider with homemade Tzatziki, grilled onions and feta cheese. I hand-cut some potatoes, tossed them with olive oil and Greek seasoning and baked them to go on the side. But these Crispy Roasted Potatoes either plain or with Greek seasonings and feta would be great too!
I hope you try and enjoy these Greek lamb sliders!
- 1 pound ground lamb, divided into 8, 2 ounce patties
- 8 slider or mini-hamburger buns
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- One medium onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan on a medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown. Season with kosher salt. Set aside.
- Season meat with kosher salt and pepper and grill or pan-fry lamb patties over medium high heat about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on thickness of patty and desired temperature.
- Grill buns, cut-side down to warm.
- Assemble sliders, topping lamb patties with 1 or 2 tablespoons of tzatziki, grilled onions and 1 tablespoon crumbled feta.
- Serve with Greek seasoned Oven Fries.
Looking for more Greek dishes?