This Green Goddess dressing recipe, from Ina Garten, is so good, I had to make 2 batches. The first one didn’t make it past the photo shoot.
The girls were scraping the bowl and couldn’t get enough. Make a batch for salads or just for dipping veggies. Anything that gets them to eat more vegetables is tops on my list.
My 13 year old has vowed to eat a salad every day for lunch if I pack a side of Green Goddess dressing with it. If you want to lighten the dressing up a bit, you can substitute low-fat sour cream for the mayonnaise.
Store the green goddess dressing in the fridge, in a cover container, for up to a week.
Consider yourself lucky if it lasts that long!
Green Goddess Dressing
Creamy herby salad dressing from Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa.
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped green onions (white and green parts (6 to 7))
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place the mayonnaise, scallions, basil, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream and process just until blended. (If not using immediately, refrigerate the dressing until ready to serve.)
Looking for more salad and salad dressing recipes?