Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is a delicious, easy to make appetizer or side dish recipe. Tender spring asparagus is wrapped with salty prosciutto and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Yay Spring! My absolute favorite vegetable of all time, asparagus, ushers in the season. Tender spring asparagus, dressed in a thin robe of prosciutto, a shaving of fresh parmesan, drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of fresh cracked black pepper.
These Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Parmesan would be a lovely nibble with a glass of wine.
It would also be great as a starter for a simple Spring dinner. One of my favorites is Pollo al Limone, Lemon Roasted Chicken.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- I bunch asparagus tough ends trimmed
- 1 slice prosciutto for each spear of asparagus
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese shaved
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Preheat broiler to high. Brush each spear of asparagus with olive oil.
- Grill asparagus for just a few minutes, the idea is to cook, but not brown the spears.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool until room temperature.
- Wrap each spear with a thin slice of prosciutto
- Sprinkle with shaved cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with a sprinkling of kosher salt and cracked pepper.
I really love simple food. Bacon Wrapped Scallops is another super simple, 2 ingredient dish, where the description is pretty much the recipe.
Insalata Caprese is just 3 ingredients. Well 4, if you count the drizzle of olive oil.
I love asparagus and your dish looks yummy Cynthia!
Thank you Nancy!
Joanne T Ferguson says
G’day! Love asparagus and love your photo today too!
Sophia @ NY Foodgasm says
I heart asparagus, then you add bacon and cheese and that is even better!
Del's cooking twist says
I tried this recipe yesterday evening, Just DELICIOUS!
Meg @ The Housewife In Training Files says
Ohhhhh girl you are speaking right to me with this recipe! My fiance and I adore asparagus and prosciutto anyytthiinnngggg!! I love the addition of parmesan. Will be adding to our dinner menu soon! Pinned 🙂
This looks delicious! thank you for drooping it by Friday for our Weekend Social and Blog Hop at KitchenDreaming.com. I hope to see you again next week.
Ronda, thanks for hosting every week.
Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) says
Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! 🙂
Thank you for linking up! Its because of awesome bloggers like you that our link up is a success!
Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com