Have you ever wanted to entertain friends or just have a few friends over for drinks and appetizers, but then changed your mind because you are following Whole30 (or are gluten free)? Here are some ideas for you on How to Throw a Whole30 Party and still stay on track!
I had invited friends over the other night, but then realized that I was 3 days into another round of Whole30. Rather than cancel, I made several things that were Whole30 and incorporated them into my spread. I had no desire to make Spencer, or any guests, for that matter, bow to my dietary needs, so I also had plenty of non-Whole30 items, like this Herbed Goat Cheese Dip, Hummus and crackers. (This post may contain affiliate links)
Oddly enough, there are so many delicious options that are Whole30, but they just aren’t labeled WHOLE30! Because I decided to with a Mediterranean theme, I didn’t use Guacamole, but yes, as long as it’s just avocados, lime and chiles or garlic, it’s a great dip for veggies. Ditto this Salsa Fresca, which is just tomatoes, chiles, and spices. So here’s what’s included in this Mediterranean Whole30 Tapas party:
- Use a pretty platter as the focus piece, and fill it up.
- Start with sliced vegetables, cherry tomatoes, and sugar snap peas. Pretty much any vegetable is great!
- Add some fresh grapes or berries.
- Alternate by colors, so that all the green vegetables aren’t together.
- Use ramekins and fill them up to the top. A full container always looks more appealing.
- Homemade Marinated Mushrooms won’t contain any sugar.
- Kalamata or green olives are naturally gluten free and shouldn’t contain any added sugar.
- Rosemary Roasted Almonds.
- Tuck grape leaves or kale under or in between for color and interest.
- Give guests small appetizer plates, which will fill up faster.
- Serve sparkling water in a pretty glass, with lime, or a squirt or pure fruit juice, as a festive beverage for the non-drinkers. Garnish with a fresh mint leaf or lime wedge.
If you’re looking for a more substantial meal, or some dishes you can serve as a dinner party, try:
Grilled Greek Chicken. This has always been Whole30, gluten free, low-carb, and Paleo! (Try skewering it for an appetizer to add to the Mediterranean Tapas party)
For the beef lovers, marinate your favorite cut of beef in this Cilantro-Garlic Marinade. The meat could also be skewered and served with the sauce as an appetizer.
Mediterranean Vegetables make a great side dish to any grilled meat or chicken.
For vegetarians who are also following a Whole30 program, this Tomato Mushroom Spaghetti Squash, feels and tastes like a rich pasta dish!
Tomato Balsamic Mint Salad makes a pretty centerpiece to any meal!
For dessert, if you need something sweet, serve fresh fruit!
I hope you enjoy your summer and entertaining with these Whole30 Party ideas! Is there anything I’ve forgotten to add that you’d serve at a Whole30 party?